Script-n-Scribe Spiral Workbook: Americana
Experience American history through poetry and art study!
Our cursive copywork and art study program for American history seamlessly and effortlessly encourages the study of art and poetry, two elements that make for a beautiful learning experience. Features 12 poems and 14 works of art related to U.S. History, including historical events and persons from Columbus and the Pilgrims through the early 1900s.
This 164-page workbook includes the following:
- Twelve carefully selected poems that reinforce American history and the founding principles of our nation. Featured poets include Edgar A Guest, Felicia Dorothea Hemans, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Francis Scott Key, William Lloyd Garrison, John Greenleaf Whittier, Julia Ward Howe, Samuel Francis Smith, Emma Lazarus, and Katherine Lee Bates
- Copywork pages for all twelve poems (over 120 pages of copywork!)
- Mini-poster pages for each poem showing a featured artwork selection
- Fourteen works of art from thirteen different artists: Karl Theodor von Piloty, Henry A. Bacon, John Singleton Copley, Grant Wood, Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze, George Caleb Bingham, Michele Felice Cornè, Charles T Webber, Eastman Johnson, Albert Bierstadt, Winslow Homer, John Trumbull, and Frederic Edwin Church
- A gentle introduction to English grammar concepts including: parts of speech (nouns, adjectives, prepositions, verbs, adverbs, pronouns, conjunctions, interjections), sentence parts (phrases, clauses, subjects, predicates), and types of sentences (declarative, interrogative, imperative, declarative).
- Memorization plan to assist with memorizing the poems
- Ideas for further extending the art, poetry, and English grammar study
Format: Spiral-bound (164-page) workbook printed in full color in landscape format. Binding on left edge. Suggested grades: 2-6
Note: This resource is eligible for purchase through a charter/public school program.
FREE media mail shipping for orders of physical products over $75! (Free shipping will automatically update if your sub-total includes over $75 in tangible items.)