Script-n-Scribe Spiral Workbook: Truth Traveler
Integrating art and poetry study into penmanship practice!
Our cursive copywork and art study program related to ancient history and world empire studies. Features 12 poems and 13 works of art related to the rise and fall of empires and truths revealed through the ages.
This 139-page workbook includes the following:
- Twelve carefully selected poems that reinforce virtue, truth, work, and redemption through the ages. Featured poets include Ben Jonson, William Ralph Emerson, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, George Washington Doane, Charles MacKay, Sam Walter Foss, Ellen H. Gates, Henry Van Dyke, and Myra Brooks Welch.
- Copywork pages for all twelve poems (over 100 pages of copywork!)
- Scripture verses related to each poem (over seventeen Bible verses)
- Mini-poster pages for each poem showing a featured artwork selection
- Thirteen works of art from eleven different artists: Vincent Van Gogh, Pieter Bruegel the Elder, Ivan Aivazovsky, Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, Edwin Lord Weeks, William Collins, Pierre Puvis de Chavannes, William Bradford, Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin, Cesare Biseo, and Jean-Leon Gerome
- A gentle introduction to English grammar concepts including: parts of speech (nouns, adjectives, prepositions, verbs, adverbs, pronouns, conjunctions, interjections), sentence parts (phrases, clauses, subjects, predicates), and sentence types.
- Memorization plan to assist with memorizing the poems
- Ideas for further extending the art, poetry, and English grammar study
Format: Spiral-bound (139-page) workbook printed in full color in landscape format. Binding on left side.
Suggested grades: 2-6
FREE media mail shipping for orders of physical products over $75! (Free shipping will automatically update if your sub-total includes over $75 in tangible items.)