Script-n-Scribe PDF Download: Hymns in History
Explore Hymns through Cursive Copywork, Scripture, and Grammar with Art Study!
Study poems of praise from the Middle Ages to Early Modern Times in Script-n-Scribe Hymns in History, which features hymns from the Middle Ages through the early 1900s with historical highlights, related scriptures, and art study along with a gentle introduction/application of English grammar concepts. Features 12 hymns with related historical highlights from the Middle Ages through 20th century conflicts, and 12 works of art with grammar study. The English grammar concepts introduced or reinforced in this book are: parts of speech (nouns, adjectives, prepositions, verbs, adverbs, pronouns, conjunctions, interjections), sentence parts (phrases, clauses, subjects, predicates), and types of sentences (declarative, interrogative, imperative, declarative). Each picture study introduces an English grammar concept using copywork prompts.
This 158-page PDF includes the following:
- Twelve carefully selected hymns with historical highlights regarding each hymn (or its use) from the Middle Ages through the conflicts of the 20th Century. Featured hymns include “All Glory, Laud, and Honor,” “All Creatures of Our God and King,” “A Mighty Fortress Is Our God,” “I Sing the Mighty Power of God,” “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing,” “Amazing Grace,” “Though Troubles Assail Us,” “Jesus Shall Reign,” “For the Beauty of the Earth,” “O God, Our Help in Ages Past,” “Under His Wings,” and “O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go.”
- Copywork pages for all twelve hymns (over 100 pages of copywork!)
- Scripture verses related to each hymn (in King James Version due to its similarity to the hymns in poetic word/sentence structure)
- Inspirational quotes from five different men from Christian history: St. Francis of Assisi, Martin Luther, John Newton, George Müller, and Richard Wurmbrand
- Mini-poster pages for each hymn showing a featured artwork selection with its historical highlight
- Twelve works of art from eleven different artists: Pietro Lorenzetti, Giotto, J.M.W. Turner, Albert Bierstadt, Frederik Kloss, John Steuart Curry, Henry Ossawa Tanner, Jan van Eyck, Thomas Cooper Gotch, Rembrandt, and William Bradford.
- Hymn sheet music in the appendix.
- A gentle introduction to English grammar concepts including: parts of speech (nouns, adjectives, prepositions, verbs, adverbs, pronouns, conjunctions, interjections), sentence parts (phrases, clauses, subjects, predicates), and sentence types (declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory).
- Memorization plan to assist with memorizing the hymns or scriptures
- Ideas for further extending the art, hymn, and English grammar study
- Although this is a completely independent study, for those who use our Mission: Faith Forgers curriculum, 11 of the hymns in this copybook are hymns also studied in Mission: Faith Forgers.
Format: PDF Download (Mac & PC Compatible), 158 pages. For individual family use. (The PDF includes an appendix with sheet music and each hymn with corresponding artwork formatted for printing as cards for reference or review.) A link to download the PDF Document will be automatically sent to the Paypal email address used at checkout.
Note: This resource is not eligible for purchase through charter/public school programs due to religious content.
Suggested grades: 2 to 6+
This product listing is for a PDF/digital version of Script-n-Scribe™ Hymns in History. For a physical copy of these resources, click on the following links:
Read testimonials of our Script-n-Scribe Cursive Curriculum here.
Like this product?
Spread the word about it and earn 20.00% of the purchase price on sales you refer.
Join our affiliate program